Saturday, August 8, 2009

post script

I just remembered I never posted this photoshopped concoction of the paintings together, as they sat on my wall until Lauren came to get them. She has yet to send me the picture text of them on her wall, but whenever that happens, I will be sure to at least try to figure out how to post that as well.

Still no art on my part, however I am hoping to hear back from Project Basho soon, and Celia sent me this link: to the Little Show of Horrors, which I am planning on attending. I will also be in NYC on Wednesday to see the Francis Bacon show and maybe even muster up enough energy to get to the Guggenheim.

2 comments:

Hannah Stitzlein said...

The whole art thing is just like any "profession" I guess in that you need to keep practicing to keep the juices flowing. A lot of people out here seem to create artist collectives to bounce ideas back and forth and to have people keep them in check. Once you start doing it for yourself and not your professors it gets better. You no longer have to abide to certain assignments, which understandably is terrifying at first but after the initial shock of "Really? I can do... *anything*?" it gets better. :0)

jen brown said...

Haha I think actually, for me the opposite is true: I haven't really had an "assignment" in a few years, especially when it comes to painting. Just criticism, harsh and helpful. Now, no assignments, no criticism, no... anything. Ugh.