Tuesday, April 6, 2010

No Paints: Hair Art!

I think the last time I posted this painting, it had also been weeks since I had worked on it.

If you have been wondering why I haven't posted any new paintings, its because I left my paints in Atlantic City over a month ago, when I was house sitting for my friend's parents. Another friend from the area is expected to come visit, but I don't know when. Blargh.

But I have started working on a new project. Because the Mutter Museum sells artwork at the gift shop, I have been encouraged to make and sell some work of my own. I have to wait until I get the form back from the Rights and Permissions Manager before I can photograph anything to make art of, but until then, I stole this image off the internet to use as a practice run. And then maybe I can jazz it up with my own photograph of the subject.

It took a while to convince people to send me their hair, but once I got one small package, I realized how a little goes a long way! I now have 3 donated bags of hair, for which I am most grateful!

No comments: