Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Lauren's number 2

Well, I think this is it. Some detail shots:




I think they are really not bad for my first pieces like this. However, I think its funny that I only ended up doing one sketch for them because I simply didn't know how to approach even a simple sketch of this sort.
And that is pretty much the approach I used. Put color down, let it rest. Do it again.

I do like the overall images, but I am really interested in the detail shots. I suppose I will have to figure out a way to sort of emulate that look, despite that I did approach the second painting using larger blocks of color. I am currently reading Varieties of Modernism by Paul Wood which is proving to be very informative, although I just started it a few days ago.

Thanks to Lauren (who has requested to not know anything about either of them until she sees them in person...) for asking me to do these, otherwise who knows how long I would have put it off!

No comments: